Thursday, May 01, 2008

Transform your Bridal Shower into a Victorian Tea Party
Every girl has an idea of what she would like her bridal shower to be like and I'm no exception. I love old fashioned tea parties with the big hats and fancy dresses, maybe it just comes with the fact that I'm a Southern girl born and bred. I have always had a fascination with the nineteenth century and the Victorian era in particular. It was such a unique period of quaint manners and unique styles of fashion. My idea of a delightful wedding shower would include inviting all my friends to a lovely tea party complete with real porcelain china and and have everyone dress up in feathered hats and flowing chiffon dresses. For my bridal shower favors I would choose from Victorian themed wedding favors. Let's take a look at some of these favors, old fashioned tea bags in gauze bags, complete with tea bags, cinnamon sticks and sugar cubes and tied with silk roses. It would make a truly classy favor. Or I might decide on a Victorian styled key bottle stopper called key to my heart. A romantic favor for a romantic event. Perhaps my friends might enjoy lovely silk fans or boxed bath salts topped with beautiful silk flower for an elegant presentation. If you love calla lilies then an exquisite calla lily sachet just might be your thing. There are so many wonderful ideas for Victorian favors and your victorian inspired tea party shower will be the talk of the town for a long time to come. Go ahead girls try something unique and fun, this is just one example of a not so ordinary bridal shower.

No comments: